Jan 18, 2013

PRAGUE FOOD FESTIVAL 2012

Prague Food Festival took place in the Royal garden near the Prague Castle. I must say that the festival has met my expectations. I would like for you to evaluate the conclusion of my "top 3" of all participating restaurants. I think we can be very grateful to Mr. Maurer, not only because of Prague Food Festival, but also the Grand Restaurant, which is being held traditionally in winter, is one of my favorite events. However, back to the festival. Although at the beginning there was a  queue, we waited only for 5 minutes which is bearable. I really like the slogan "Think globally, eat locally". I had so called wish list of dishes that I wanted to taste. Unfortunately, Saturday no longer included Cowboys restaurant where I wanted to taste their hamburger and American pancakes. Let's make a small tour through captured photos.


Right at the entrance we got fork and knife..useful!



Italian MAMMA.. their Italian blood was seen from the distance


MANDARIN ORIENTAL, ESSENSIA - techno-emotional degustation menu in big culinary factory.. really unique and original


CORINTHIA and sushi


RADISSON BLU, ALCRON - LA ROTONDE - friendly approach and smiling and positive chef Roman Paulus


ALCRON - sea bream fillet with mashed eggplant 


ALCRON - pistachio macaroon and raspberry sorbet with dark chocolate


LE GRILL & GARDEN @ KEMPINSKI


KEMPINSKI and delicious desserts I simply could not resist



semolina cake with poppy seads and whipped cream


TERASA U ZLATÉ STUDNĚ 


third item on my wish list checked - mousse from farmers goat cheese with marinated asparagus and spicy honey sauce - I love goat cheese so I could not miss it


a little touch of France


ART NOUVEAU - ice cream from Brittany butter with seaweeds Dulse..also wish list, but I was hesitating.. the taste was salty and sweet at the same time with delicious dark chocolate on the bottom



ANGELATO - yogurt and chocolate ice cream.. also raspberry was very tasty



INTERSPAR and their super super healthy bar



V ZÁTIŠÍ is my favorite restaurant and this tomatoe bread was great



and finally last item on my wish list - CHATEAU ST.HAVEL and homemade fish bouillabaisse with seafood and rouille.. like the cherry on the top


 a little souvenir from KEMPINSKI - choice of homemade chocolate truffles



Overall, PFF 2012 was good experience. Now back to the 3 best restaurants according to my experience. 

1st + 2nd place - ALCRON and LA ROTONDE: Food excellent, as well as chef with his attitude 

MANDARIN ORIENTAL, ESSENSIA is 3rd - they have brought something else, techno-emotional menu is not seen and they were kind and helpful

Unfortunately, I was disappointed with approach at Terasa U Zlaté Studně. If you did not take the entire menu, they kind of kicked you out. 


I'm curious about the other events of Mr. Maurer. A nice rest during the weekend :) And share your experiences with the PFF!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog